Exact Editions is delighted to announce The Baffler has joined the Exact Editions digital platform. Subscribers will have access to a growing digital archive of back issues with every new issue published six times a year.
The Baffler is America’s leading voice of interesting and unexpected left-wing political criticism, cultural analysis, short stories, poems and art. Founded in 1988 by Thomas Frank as ‘the journal that blunts the cutting edge,’ the magazine is currently edited by Jonathon Sturgeon and headquartered in New York. The Baffler publishes both new and established voices, and regular contributors include Barbara Ehrenreich, Susan Faludi, Evgeny Morozov, Rick Perlstein and Astra Taylor.
Frequent subjects covered include ‘Silicon Valley snake-oil, the deadening weight of consumer capitalism, our faithless media, and the redemptive promise of people claiming control of their own lives…through its six annual print issues (and daily online content) it skewers every facet of our debauched social order.’ The Baffler is owned by the non-profit Baffler Foundation.
Exact Editions offer readers a subscription to The Baffler with enhanced features that enable ease of searching any subject or select contributor and for browsing back issues either at home or on the go. Features of the new digital archive to The Baffler include:
- Cross-platform availability across web, iOS, Android devices.
- A fully searchable archive of back issues.
- Comprehensive navigational tools e.g. a search bar to locate a name or topic.
- Linked contents pages as well as clickable URLs, email addresses, Instagram and Twitter links, and more.
- Digital bookmarking, ability to share specific pages on social media, and syncing issues for offline use.
For institutions interested in requesting a free trial of The Baffler, please click here.
Individuals can purchase an annual or quarterly subscription by clicking here.