Exact Editions is pleased to announce that subscribers to the Dancing Times can now access back issues going back to January 1963, and be able to browse over 700 back issues with over 50 years of content now available.
Dancing Times, first published in 1894 as the house magazine of the Cavendish Rooms, London, a ballroom dancing establishment, is the oldest monthly devoted to dancing. It was bought in 1910 by P J S Richardson and T M Middleton and transformed into a national periodical, covering all forms of dancing, and reporting worldwide.
Edited by Jonathan Gray since Clarke’s retirement from the editorship in 2008, Dancing Times continues its original stated policy to maintain the highest standards of criticism and illustration, give voice to leading authorities, encourage high standards of teaching, encourage awareness of dance history and stress the importance of dance in education.
For more than 100 years Dancing Times has remained the leader in its field, sustained by loyal readers and advertisers alike.
The Exact Editions digital platform allows for a flexible, user-friendly and enhanced experience in exploring magazine archives. Subscribers to Dancing Times will discover a range of features that allow for ease of viewing back issues such as:
- An advanced search function enabling search of keywords, author and more.
- A neat stacking interface allowing for ease of browsing years and decades.
- The ability to sync issues for offline reading.
- A clean, high-quality interface faithful to the print edition.
- The inclusion of new issue notifications alerting readers to the availability of the next issue.
- The availabity to read, browse and search the latest content across web, iOS and Android devices at the touch of a button.
For institutions interested in requesting a free trial of Dancing Times, please click here.
Individuals can purchase an annual or quarterly subscription by clicking here.
Leave a Reply