It’s time for another Publisher 1-On-1! This week Richard West, editor of Source Photographic Review, is in the hot seat.
Source has been providing readers with a critical discussion of photographic practice and an appreciation of photography’s importance since 1992.
An essential magazine for intelligent and independent discussion of contemporary photography, each issue brings readers news updates, portfolios by emerging and established photographers, feature articles and reviews of the most important exhibitions and books.
You can keep abreast of the magazine’s latest news on Twitter: @sourcephoto
1) What’s your role within the magazine?
I’m a co-editor. I commission reviews and feature articles and am also responsible for the layout.
2) What drew you to the magazine publishing industry?
Having always loved magazines and newspapers I thought it would be fun to make them.
3) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
4) If you weren’t working in publishing, what would you be doing?
Can’t think who would have me. A baker maybe.
5) Do you have an all-time favourite magazine issue?
I love them all equally but individual articles stay in the mind. To pick something at random, Judith Williamson’s column about advertising photography which ran from issue 50 to issue 87.
6) If you could live in any city, where would it be?
7) What do you think will have changed in the publishing industry in 5 years?
There will be fewer bad magazines and more good ones.
Thanks Richard! Judith Williamson’s running column is a brilliant read.
If you’d like to feature in the next Publisher 1-On-1, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.